References / Case Studies
Fraport Slovenia (Slovenia National Airport)
New Wired and Wireless Network Makes Airport Operations more Agile, Available, Secure and Compliant
Fraport Slovenia assures Secure and Highly Available wired and wireless network while improving staff efficiency and guest experience. New platform Encourages Agile foundation for Collaborative Enterprise applications with guest and public friendly access to Airport and Internet services.
- provide secure, highly available and regulatory compliant wired and wireless access to information and services,
- enable modular, agile and cost-optimized growth, enabling support for ever growing enterprise, supporting services and passenger demands,
- enable staff mobility and productivity.
- Dell Wired and Wireless network infrastructure with Management System.
- Increased network performance with significant increase in data transfer speeds,
- Improved, highly available access to Central information and services,
- Wireless Coverage for Enterprise users, Landing Platform, Passengers and Cargo Terminal.
- Ability to satisfy compliance and accelerate expansion plans.
National Computer Cloud (DRO)
DRO is a dedicated computerized infrastructure owned and operated by the State that enables state institutions (direct budget users) to achieve their business goals quickly and economicaly using the concept of cloud computing. DRO offers computing, storage, development, business and other facilities in the form of services.
- Increase the efficiency of the public administration by saving time and reducing costs;
- Reduce costs when launching new services and maintaining cloud computing technologies;
- Introduce easy allocation and elasticity of services;
- Ensure the ease of use of services for both citizens and businesses;
- Establish uniform security mechanisms;
- Establish standardized development platforms and the publication of data content through open web services;
- To provide an innovative environment and to establish a tripartite development model between public administration, the academic sphere and the economy with the goal of ensuring the flow of knowledge and technologies, targeted education of the necessary staff and ensuring the long-term sustainability of the project;
For the needs of the National Computer Cloud infrastructure, we implemented a highly available configuration of converged Dell server and network infrastructure. The equipment is installed in three remote locations of the Ministry of Public Administration of Republic Slovenia.
The implemented solution enables efficient centralized management of server, network and disk infrastructure due to the following features:
- Simplicity; Intuitive navigation and management process, a smaller amount of tools for more functionality.
- Efficiency; Operation without client software ("agentless"), automation of manual operations, shortened time to production, advanced remote management.
- Proactivity; Reporting system (integration with Asset mgmt.), Warranty monitoring, alarming, access to the tool via smart devices (IOS, Android).
- Availability; Operation in redundant mode and high availability.
- Faster identification and troubleshooting.
- Policy and profile coherence.